Source: SYSUSD Chart by TradingView
Syscoin is a cryptocurrency that offers near zero cost financial transactions like Bitcoin and provides businesses the infrastructure to trade goods, assets, digital certificates and data securely. Syscoin supports a broad variety of marketplaces, ranging from the fully decentralized marketplaces to centralized business markets.
- Blockchain Pruning – Provides improved scalability to the core syscoin blockchain by efficiently pruning expired service data to minimize blockchain bloat for full nodes.
- Unique Aliases / Syscoin Identities – Syscoin Aliases are now unique across the network; a change from Syscoin 2.0 where variable-case aliases were permitted.
- Alias Portability – Optional passwords attached to aliases provide for portability and restoration options not possible on Syscoin 2.0 including the ability to recover an account simply by using the related Alias password.
- Marketplace Moderation – Two tiers of marketplace moderation both user-defined via SafeSearch and team-defined via a 3 tier system. The moderation system allows for a more public-friendly marketplace with options for SafeSearch restricted items.
- Private payments via ZCash – Syscoin users can now leverage ZEC as a direct payment option, which natively includes enhanced privacy.
- Multiple payment options – Offers can now be paid for in any currency supported by the marketplace and supported by the merchants. Rather than one specific currency, payments can be now be made using all three supported blockchains (SYS, BTC and ZEC).
- Multi-signature Transaction Support across all Syscoin services – Aliases, Certificates and Offers, now support multi-signature transactions, enabling a whole new class of use cases for Syscoin services.
- Bitcoin 0.13 Core Update – As outlined in the launch of Syscoin 2.0, the importance of keeping up-to-date with the latest bitcoin technology is essential for Syscoin to thrive; thus, we planned on keeping up to date with the latest Bitcoin core. Keeping up-to-date will be accomplished by upgrading the Syscoin 2.1 update to Bitcoin’s latest core 0.13.99.
- Escrow Support on External Payments – Escrow was previously only available on offers purchased using Syscoin. With Syscoin 2.1, Escrow will now be available on offers purchased with any currency accepted, SYS, BTC or ZEC.
- Private Alias Data – Aliases now include a private field which is visible only to the owner of the alias, allowing for private data storage on the blockchain.
- Default Settings – There is now support for default Alias and default price-peg selection, increasing wallet usability. All service screens now also include the option to view all services the wallet owns or view services by individual Alias.
- Dynamic Fees – Fee information is now stored in the Alias rates peg allowing for dynamic fees specifically for Syscoin services. This enables different fee structures with different pegs and gives merchants more flexibility in pricing.
- Shipping Notification System – Optionally allows merchants to notify customers that an item has been shipped.
- Feedback and Rating System – A 5-star feedback and rating system can now be provided for Merchants, Customers and Arbitrators, ensuring an accurate representation of reputation history for all parties.
- Easy unlock for encrypted wallets – Easy unlock mechanism for improved usability w/encrypted wallets.
- Hide Sold Out/Expired Offers – Hide items that have are sold out or expired from wallet listing screens.
- Search within category – Search within a specific category rather than always searching all categories.
- Suggested categories – A standardized set of categories across the Syscoin marketplace, or use your own.
- Offer geolocation – Optionally add geolocation to offers.
- Inflation reduction – Mining schedule advanced from 6% inflation to 1.5% inflation.
The upgrade combining security of Bitcoin and Ethereum based smart contracts goes live on Syscoin
Syscoin’s novel take on infrastructure is set to combine the best traits of Bitcoin and Ethereum, while leveraging scalability with zk-rollups.
Ethereum broadens its reach after Syscoin builds it a bridge
The S-word that dominated talk of blockchain shortcomings two years ago – ‘scalability’ – has been replaced by the I-word – interoperability.
SAFU Is Real Now: Binance Shut Down for 12 Hours Afters 1 Syscoin Sold for 96 BTC
On July 3, Binance noticed irregular trading activity of Syscoin (SYS) – trading bot activity spiked and 1 SYS (~$0.22 USD at the time) sold for 96 BTC (~$600K USD).
Introduction to Syscoin – Blockchain-Based Marketplaces
The cryptocurrency market is emerging from a lengthy bear run, with major players such as Bitcoin and Ethereum entering recovery mode.
Syscoin Creator & Core Developer
Team Manager & Dev
Business Development Manager
All images, branding and wording is copyright of Syscoin. All content on this page is used for informational purposes only. CryptoSlate has no affiliation or relationship with the coins, projects or people mentioned on this page. Data is provided by CoinMarketCap, Coinpaprika and TradingView.