KeepKey is a hardware wallet that secures bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ethereum, litecoin, dogecoin, dash and multiple erc-20 tokens. KeepKey works with the wallet software on your computer by taking over the management of private key generation, private key storage, and transaction signing.
by KeepKey, LLC - A Shapeshift Company
KeepKey Features / Tech Specs
- Bank-Grade Security that is Simple: KeepKey is the most secure bitcoin wallet available. It makes best-practice bitcoin security easy so that even your grandmother can protect her bitcoin wealth.
- Backup and Recovery: During initialization, you are given the one-time opportunity to write down a backup of your KeepKey in the form of a twelve-word recovery sentence. If your KeepKey is lost or stolen, you can safely recover your device and its bitcoins without compromising the security of your private keys.
- Virus and Malware Proof: Because KeepKey does not have an operating system, the layers that viruses, malware, and key loggers infect do not exist on the device. Using KeepKey gives you confidence that hackers can’t get to your bitcoins.
- Multi-Currency Support: KeepKey not only supports Bitcoin, but also Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin, Dogecoin, Dash, and ERC-20 tokens.
- Works on PC, Mac, Linux, and Android: KeepKey is a USB HID-class device. That means, like a typical mouse or keyboard, drivers are not required. Plug in the provided premium USB cable, and your device just works: immediately giving you the highest level of bitcoin security.
- Integrated with Shapeshift for seamless exchanges among supported assets.
- Materials: Anodized Aluminum Case, Polycarbonate Front
- Technical: USB HID, Micro-USB connector, ARM® Cortex™-M3, TRNG (Hardware-Based Random Number Generator), 256×64 3.12″ OLED
- Dimensions: Height: 38.0 mm, Width: 93.5 mm, Depth: 12.2 mm
- What’s in the Box: KeepKey, Woven Nylon USB Cable, Recovery Sentence Backup Card
CEO, ShapeShift AG
Chief Engineer, KeepKey