Oluwapelumi Adejumo · 34 mins ago · 2 min read
BitBox is a minimalist plug-and-play hardware wallet that allows you to store, spend and receive cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH, ETC, and ERC20 tokens), and Litecoin (LTC) cryptocurrencies are currently supported.
- Single-purpose microcontroller that connects to a computer as a plug-and-play USB device. No drivers required.
- The minimalist design keeps the code as simple as possible, making audits easier and reducing the number of attack vectors.
- AES-256-CBC encrypted communication over USB that is immune to glitching and timing attacks.
- Two-factor authentication option to prevent man-in-the-middle (MITM) attacks.
- Erase and reset after 15 failed attempts, eliminating brute force password attacks. If a reset happens by accident, the wallet can be recovered simply by reloading the wallet seed from the micro SD card.
- Capacitive touch button confirmation. Touch briefly to ‘reject’, and touch longer to ‘accept’.
- Embedded LED status indicator.
- Password protected.