Cole Petersen · 14 hours ago · 2 min read · Insights via Ari Paul
Binance is a global cryptocurrency exchange that provides a platform for trading more than 100 cryptocurrencies. Since early 2018, Binance has been considered one of the biggest cryptocurrency exchange in the world in terms of total trading volume.
CEO Changpeng Zhao had previously founded Fusion Systems in 2005 in Shanghai; the company built high-frequency trading systems for brokers. In 2013 he joined Blockchain.info as the third member of the cryptocurrency wallet’s team. He also worked at OKCoin as CTO for less than a year, a platform for spot trading between fiat and digital assets.
The company was founded in China but moved its servers and headquarters out of China and into Japan in advance of the Chinese government ban on cryptocurrency trading in September 2017. By March 2018, the company had established offices in Taiwan.
As of January 2018, it was the largest cryptocurrency exchange with a market capitalization of $1.3 billion.
- EXCHANGE. Binance Exchange provides access to hundreds of digital currency pairs while maintaining security, liquidity and high-speed with some of the lowest costs in the industry at 0.1% or 0.05% by using Binance (BNB) coin.
- LABS. Binance Labs is a social impact fund and an initiative to incubate, invest, and empower blockchain and cryptocurrency entrepreneurs, projects, and communities.
- LAUNCHPAD. Binance Launchpad is the exclusive token sale platform for the most transformative crypto projects.
- INFO. Binance Info is a professional platform with market data, price actions and blockchain project information about bitcoin, eth and all other major cryptocurrencies.
- ACADEMY. Binance Academy is a brand new, open access learning hub from Binance.
- Safety Stability. Multi-tier & multi-cluster system architecture
- High Performance. Capable of processing 1,400,000 orders per second
- High Liquidity. Abundant resources and partners
- All Devices Covered. Web, Android, iOS, Mobile Web, Windows, macOS
- Multilingual Support. Support and FAQs available in multiple languages
- Multiple-Coin Support. BTC, ETH, LTC, BNB
Hong KongOpen in Google Maps →