Dash is a digital currency that enables anyone, anywhere in the world to make quick, easy and cheap payments at any time without going through a central authority. Based on a decentralized peer-to-peer network, and secured by strong cryptography, Dash offers a safe and user-friendly payment method without barriers. Dash is portable, inexpensive, divisible and fast digital cash for both the internet and everyday life.
Reported Volume calculates volume from all exchanges with market pairs, but due to factors such as wash trading, it is considered an unreliable metric.$243,206,266
The Network Value to Transactions (NVT) ratio calculates the dollar value of crypto transaction activity relative to the network value.
- First block mined at 11PM EST, 18th January 2014
- No premine
- X11 hashing algorithm, CPU/GPU/ASIC mining available
- 2.6 minute block time, 2MB blocks, ~56 transactions per second
- Block reward decreases by 7.14% per year
- Dark Gravity Wave difficulty adjustment algorithm
- Between 17.74M and 18.92M total coin supply
- Decentralized second-tier masternode network
- Superior transaction anonymity using PrivateSend
- Instant transactions using InstantSend
- Decentralized Governance By Blockchain allows masternode owners to vote on budget proposals and decisions that affect Dash