Source: AVAXUSD Chart by TradingView
Avalanche is an umbrella platform for launching decentralized finance (DeFi) applications, financial assets, trading and other services.
It aims to be something of a global assets exchange, allowing anyone to launch or trade any form of asset and control it in a decentralized manner using smart contracts and other cutting-edge technologies.
Developers at Ava Labs claim that Avalanche is the first smart contracts network to offer transaction finalization in under one second as standard.
Avalanche launched its mainnet in September 2020. The platform’s native token, AVAX, performs various tasks within Avalanche and also functions as a rewards and payment system for users.
- Speed – The Avalanche platform uses a novel consensus protocol created by distributed systems researchers in 2018, also called “Avalanche”, to permanently confirm transactions in 1-2 seconds.
- Scalability – Avalanche handles thousands of transactions per second and can accommodate thousands of validators with no loss of performance.
- Security – Avalanche provides stronger security guarantees than either classical or longest-chain consensus protocols.
- Smart Contract Support – Avalanche supports creation and use of Solidity smart contracts as well as all your favorite Ethereum tools like Remix, Metamask, Truffle and more.
- Private/public Blockchains – Users can create their own public or private blockchains.
- Finance-focused – Avalanche was built with serving financial markets in mind. It has native support for easily creating and trading digital smart assets with complex custom rulesets that define how the asset is handled and traded. The assets could represent financial instruments such as equities, bonds, debt, fractionalized real estate, or anything else.
Avalanche C, X-chains experience brief outage due to network bug
Avalanche's X-chain and C-chain experienced a brief period of outage and lagging due to a bug in the network's 1.9.12 version.
Polygon co-founder sees no future for Solana, Aptos, Avalanche, Cardano
Sandeep Nailwal's sees a crypto landscape dominated by Ethereum and layer 2s interacting with the base chain.
Platypus Finance hacked for $9M on Avalanche
The DeFi application Platypus has suffered a $9 million attack, according to a series of tweets from the blockchain security firm Certik.
Avalanche Organization & Team
Ava Labs makes it simple to launch decentralized finance applications on Avalanche, the fastest smart contracts platform in the blockchain industry.More about Ava Labs
Emin Gün Sirer
Founder & CEO
Founder & COO
Maofan "Ted" Yin
Founder & Chief Protocol Architect
Chief Finance Officer
All images, branding and wording is copyright of Avalanche. All content on this page is used for informational purposes only. CryptoSlate has no affiliation or relationship with the coins, projects or people mentioned on this page. Data is provided by CoinMarketCap, Coinpaprika and TradingView.