Source: AVAXUSD Chart by TradingView
Avalanche is an umbrella platform for launching decentralized finance (DeFi) applications, financial assets, trading and other services.
It aims to be something of a global assets exchange, allowing anyone to launch or trade any form of asset and control it in a decentralized manner using smart contracts and other cutting-edge technologies.
Developers at Ava Labs claim that Avalanche is the first smart contracts network to offer transaction finalization in under one second as standard.
Avalanche launched its mainnet in September 2020. The platform’s native token, AVAX, performs various tasks within Avalanche and also functions as a rewards and payment system for users.
- Speed – The Avalanche platform uses a novel consensus protocol created by distributed systems researchers in 2018, also called “Avalanche”, to permanently confirm transactions in 1-2 seconds.
- Scalability – Avalanche handles thousands of transactions per second and can accommodate thousands of validators with no loss of performance.
- Security – Avalanche provides stronger security guarantees than either classical or longest-chain consensus protocols.
- Smart Contract Support – Avalanche supports creation and use of Solidity smart contracts as well as all your favorite Ethereum tools like Remix, Metamask, Truffle and more.
- Private/public Blockchains – Users can create their own public or private blockchains.
- Finance-focused – Avalanche was built with serving financial markets in mind. It has native support for easily creating and trading digital smart assets with complex custom rulesets that define how the asset is handled and traded. The assets could represent financial instruments such as equities, bonds, debt, fractionalized real estate, or anything else.
Ethereum lead developer saved Avalanche from over $24B ecosystem crash
Péter Szilágyi on March 29, 2022, identified a bug in Avalanche's PeerList package which would have been easily exploited by a malicious actor.
Avalanche’s new proposal wants ApeCoin on its subnet
Ava Labs says it would provide support for ApeCoin integration into its subnet through various initiatives.
Avalanche founder claims only one algorithmic stablecoin can succeed – defends Terra’s UST
Emin Gün Sirer said a US-based team wouldn’t be able to succeed with an algorithmic stablecoin project because of the regulatory framework in the country.
Terra expands reserve for UST beyond Bitcoin, buys $100 million Avalanche
Terra revealed it chose Avalanche over Ethereum because it is still a growing ecosystem that its users align with its native token.
Founder & CEO
Founder & COO
Maofan "Ted" Yin
Founder & Chief Protocol Architect
Chief Finance Officer
All images, branding and wording is copyright of Avalanche. All content on this page is used for informational purposes only. CryptoSlate has no affiliation or relationship with the coins, projects or people mentioned on this page. Data is provided by CoinMarketCap, Coinpaprika and TradingView.