Nick Chong · 2 days ago · 2 min read
Antminer S9 is a powerful bitcoin miner, yet smaller than many portable boom-boxes. Bitmain’s BM1387 chip is built using TSMC’s 16nm FinFET technology and, delivering a record-breaking 0.098 J/GHs, is the world’s most efficient bitcoin mining chip in the consumer market. Each Antminer S9 employs 189 such chips to deliver more hashrate and efficiency than any bitcoin miner ever made.
- The world’s first bitcoin mining ASIC based on the 16nm process node.
- S9’s control board uses the Altera Cyclone® V system-on-a-chip (SoC) built on TSMC’s 28nm low-power (28LP) process technology.
- Chip quantity per unit: 189x BM1387
- Cooling Fan: 2x 12038 fans; Front fan: 6000rpm, Rear fan: 4300rpm
- Dimensions: 350mm(L) x 135mm(W) x 158mm(H)
- Frequency Range: Automatically set
Hash Rate 11.5TH/s, 12.5TH/s, 13TH/s, 13.5TH/s & 14TH/s, depending on batch. Variation of ±5% is expected
- Network Connection: Ethernet
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to 40°C
- Power Consumption: 1127W (11.5TH/s batch), 1225W (12.5TH/s batch), 1274W (13TH/s batch), 1323W (13.5TH/s batch), 1372W (14TH/s batch) (at the wall, with Bitmain’s APW3 PSU,93% efficiency, 25°C ambient temp). Expected discrepancy of +10%
- Power Efficiency: 0.098 J/GH +10% at the wall (with Bitmain’s APW3 PSU, 93% efficiency, 25°C ambient temp)
- Rated Voltage: 11.60 ~13.00V