Mark Cuban is an American billionaire entrepreneur, television personality, and media proprietor whose net worth is an estimated $4.7 billion, according to Forbes, and ranked No. 177 on the 2020 Forbes 400 list. He is an avid cryptocurrency investor and self-proclaimed Ethereum maximalist. He owns a few cryptocurrencies and non-fungible tokens (NFTs) and has invested in a few blockchain companies.
- Mark Cuban founded video portal Broadcast.com with fellow Indiana University alum Todd Wagner in 1995 and sold it to Yahoo for $5.7 billion in 1999.
- Today he owns the NBA’s Dallas Mavericks and has stakes in Magnolia Pictures, AXS TV and dozens of small startups.
- He sold stamps door-to-door as a kid and gave disco lessons to help pay his way through Indiana University.
- Cuban was inspired to strike out on his own when he was fired from a software shop for closing a $15,000 sale instead of cleaning up the store.
- He invests in mission-driven companies such as Luminaid, which provides lighting to disaster areas, and Mahmee, a maternal healthcare tech company.
Cuban has invested in the cryptocurrency Dogecoin, as well as accepting the particular cryptocurrency as a method of payment for Dallas Mavericks merchandise and tickets since at least early 2021. After being asked by CNBC for his thoughts on the payment method, Cuban responded, “It’s a medium that can be used for the acquisition of goods and services, the community for doge is the strongest when it comes to using it as a medium of exchange.”
- Dallas Mavericks Owner
- Indiana University Bloomington, Bachelor of Science (BS) Business/Commerce, General,
All images, branding and wording is copyright of Mark Cuban. All content on this page is used for informational purposes only. CryptoSlate has no affiliation or relationship with the person mentioned on this page.