Laszlo Dobos · 8 hours ago · 1 read
Table of Contents
Marc Andreessen is a co-founder and general partner of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz. He is an innovator and creator, one of the few to pioneer a software category used by more than a billion people and one of the few to establish multiple billion-dollar companies.
Marc co-created the highly influential Mosaic Internet browser and co-founded Netscape, which later sold to AOL for $4.2 billion. He also co-founded Loudcloud, which as Opsware, sold to Hewlett-Packard for $1.6 billion. He later served on the board of Hewlett-Packard from 2008 to 2018.
Marc holds a BS in Computer Science from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Marc serves on the board of the following Andreessen Horowitz portfolio companies: Applied Intuition, Dialpad, Honor, OpenGov, and Samsara. He is also on the board of Facebook.
- Andreessen Horowitz, Co-Founder & General Partner
- Ning Interactive, Co-Founder, 2004
- Opsware, Co-Founder, 1999-2007
- Netscape, CTO & EVP of Products, 1994-1999
- Netscape, Co-Founder, 1994-1998
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1993