Andjela Radmilac · 1 day ago · 3 min read
Table of Contents
Steemit is a blockchain-based rewards platform for publishers to monetize content and grow community. The Steem blockchain produces Steem and Steem Dollars which are tradable tokens obtained for posting, discovering, and commenting on content. Steemit.com is one of the many websites (including Busy.org, DTube, and Utopian.io) that are powered by the Steem blockchain and STEEM cryptocurrency.
- Home. The most recent posts of the accounts you follow (your feed).
- New. Posts are sorted by the time posted, with newest first.
- Hot. Popular posts at the moment.
- Trending. Posts with the most amount of votes, stake-weighted, recently.
- Promoted. Listings that are boosted by Steem Dollar payments get promoted for greater visibility.
- Feed. Here is where you go to see the most recent posts from the people you follow.
- Blog. Here is where you go to see all of your posts and resteems. It is also where you go to see your profile page that is viewable by other users.
- Comments. Here is where you go to see all of the comments and replies you have made.
- Replies. Here is where you go to see all replies other users have made to your posts and comments.
- Wallet. Here is where you go to see your wallet balances, make transfers, exchange STEEM or Steem Dollars, and Power Up.
- Posting. By sharing your posts, you can earn upvotes from community members. Depending on the upvotes you receive, you may get a portion of the “rewards pool”.
- Voting and curating. If you discover a post and upvote it before it becomes popular, you can earn a curation reward. The reward amount will depend on the amount of Steem Power you have.
- Purchasing. Users can purchase STEEM or Steem Dollar tokens directly through their Steemit wallet using bitcoin, Ether, or BitShares tokens. They are also available from other markets and exchanges.
- Vesting. STEEM tokens that are powered up to Steem Power will earn a small amount of new tokens for holding.