Samuel Wan · 6 hours ago · 2 min read
Table of Contents
R3 is an enterprise blockchain software firm working with a broad ecosystem of more than 200 members and partners across multiple industries from both the private and public sectors to develop on Corda, its open-source blockchain platform, and Corda Enterprise, a commercial version for enterprise usage. The Corda platform is already being used in industries from financial services to healthcare, shipping, insurance and more.
Corda Open Source
- Smart contracts that can be written in Java and other JVM languages
- Flow framework to manage communication and negotiation between participants
- Peer-to-peer network of nodes
- “Notary” infrastructure to validate uniqueness and sequencing of transactions without global broadcast
- Enables the development and deployment of distributed apps called CorDapps
- Written in Kotlin, targeting the JVM
- Corda Enterprise. Corda Enterprise is a commercial distribution of Corda open source designed specifically to meet the demands of modern day businesses.
- Corda Open Source. Corda is an open source project. The source code is freely available in Corda’s Github repository under an Apache 2 license.
- Research. R3 Research provides compelling analysis and insight into the enterprise blockchain industry and specific practical applications across cash, payments, capital markets, trade finance, insurance and identity.
David E. Rutter
Founder, Chief Executive Officer
Co-founder, Head Of Corporate Development
Co-founder, Head Of Partnerships
Head Of Delivery Services
Head Of Research
Head Of Services
11 West 42nd Street, 8th Floor New York, NY 10036Open in Google Maps →