Cole Petersen · 14 hours ago · 2 min read · Insights via Ari Paul
R3 is an enterprise blockchain software firm working with a broad ecosystem of more than 200 members and partners across multiple industries from both the private and public sectors to develop on Corda, its open-source blockchain platform, and Corda Enterprise, a commercial version for enterprise usage. The Corda platform is already being used in industries from financial services to healthcare, shipping, insurance and more.
- Corda Enterprise. Corda Enterprise is a commercial distribution of Corda open source designed specifically to meet the demands of modern day businesses.
- Corda Open Source. Corda is an open source project. The source code is freely available in Corda’s Github repository under an Apache 2 license.
- Research. R3 Research provides compelling analysis and insight into the enterprise blockchain industry and specific practical applications across cash, payments, capital markets, trade finance, insurance and identity.
Corda Open Source
- Smart contracts that can be written in Java and other JVM languages
- Flow framework to manage communication and negotiation between participants
- Peer-to-peer network of nodes
- “Notary” infrastructure to validate uniqueness and sequencing of transactions without global broadcast
- Enables the development and deployment of distributed apps called CorDapps
- Written in Kotlin, targeting the JVM
David E. Rutter
Founder, Chief Executive Officer
Co-founder, Head Of Corporate Development
Co-founder, Head Of Partnerships
Head Of Delivery Services
Head Of Research
Head Of Services
11 West 42nd Street, 8th Floor New York, NY 10036Open in Google Maps →