NEAR NEAR Protocol
Source: NEARUSD Chart by TradingView
NEAR is a decentralized development platform built on top of the NEAR Protocol, which is a public, sharded, developer-friendly blockchain. The network runs on a Proof-of-Stake (PoS) consensus mechanism called Nightshade, which aims to offer scalability and stable fees.
The NEAR token (aka $NEAR) is a utility token which powers the NEAR Protocol blockchain and all applications which use it. It is used for:
- Fees for processing transactions and storing data.
- Running validator nodes on the network via staking NEAR tokens.
- Used for governance votes to determine how network resources are allocated.
NEAR tools include:
- NEAR SDKs which includes standard data structures and testing tools for Rust and AssemblyScript.
- Gitpod for NEAR to create a zero time onboarding experience for developers.
- NEAR Wallet that lets application developers create streamlined user experiences.
- NEAR Explorer to aid with both debugging of contracts and the understanding of network performance.
- NEAR Command Line Tools to allow developers to deploy applications from local environments.
All images, branding and wording is copyright of NEAR Protocol. All content on this page is used for informational purposes only. CryptoSlate has no affiliation or relationship with the coins, projects or people mentioned on this page. Data is provided by CoinMarketCap, Coinpaprika and TradingView.