Ana Grabundzija · 2 days ago · 2 min read
Table of Contents
Brian Armstrong is the chief executive of Coinbase, the largest cryptocurrency exchange in the United States.
Armstrong attended Rice University in 2001 where he received his master’s degree in computer science. In 2003, Armstrong founded UniversityTutor.com and in 2011, he began a software engineer at AirBnB.
Armstrong co-founded Coinbase, which is based in San Francisco, in 2012. Coinbase raised $300 million in October 2018 in a financing round led by Tiger Global that valued the company at $8 billion.
- Coinbase, CEO & Co-Founder
- AirBnB, Software Engineer, 2011-2012
- UniversityTutor.com, CEO & Founder, 2003-2012
- Deloitte & Touche, Consultant, 2005
- IBM, Interm Team Lead, 2003
- Rice University, Master's Degree, Computer Science, 2005-2006
- Rice University, Bachelor's Degree, Computer Science, Economics, 2001-2005