Shaurya Malwa · 3 hours ago · 2 min read
Digital Currency Group’s mission is to accelerate the development of a better financial system. DCG builds and supports bitcoin and blockchain companies by leveraging their insights, network, and access to capital. DCG has been the most active investor in the digital currency industry, with investments in over 100 companies in 30 different countries, including market leaders such as Coinbase, Circle, Ledger, Ripple, and ShapeShift.
- BUILD: DCG Subsidiaries. DCG builds service businesses to fill important gaps in the existing market infrastructure. DCG incubates, builds, and operates businesses that provide a variety of financial and professional services to financial institutions, corporations, and startups.
- CoinDesk. A media, research, and events business which runs the largest bitcoin and blockchain conference, Consensus.
- Genesis Trading. A full-service, institutional trading firm focused on digital currencies, providing two-sided liquidity on a daily basis for buyers and sellers.
- Grayscale Investments. The largest digital currency asset management firm and the manager of 8 products, including the first publicly traded bitcoin investment vehicle, the Bitcoin Investment Trust (symbol: GBTC).
- SUPPORT: Global Reach. DCG is not a fund. It is a strategic investor, and it is building and supporting the largest early stage investment portfolio in the digital currency and blockchain ecosystem.
- NETWORK: Understanding Stakeholders. The Digital Currency Group relies on a strong network of entrepreneurs, investors, institutions, governments, and academics – really smart people who are helping shape and guide the vision for this industry.
- DIGITAL CURRENCY AND PROTOCOL INVESTING. DCG supports the development of distributed ledger networks by investing in digital currencies and participating in select token sales.
CEO & Founder
VP, Public Affairs
Board Member | Co-founder, Silver Lake
Board Member | Investment Committee | Co-CEO & Co-founder, Resonance
Lawrence H. Summers
Investment Committee | Managing Partner, Rre Ventures
Investment Committee | Managing Director, Bain Capital Ventures
Investment Committee | Managing Director, Firstmark Capital
636 Avenue of the Americas, (Entrance on 19th St.), New York, NY 10011, USAOpen in Google Maps →