Source: STXUSD Chart by TradingView
Stacks (formerly Blockstack) connects to Bitcoin, enabling you to build apps, smart contracts, and digital assets that are integrated with Bitcoin’s security, capital, and network.
The Stacks 2.0 blockchain extends the design of Bitcoin to enable secure apps and predictable Clarity smart contracts without modifying Bitcoin itself, opening innovation on the network for the first time.
The Stacks cryptocurrency (STX) is used as fuel for networking activity and contract execution and can be locked by STX holders via ‘Stacking’ to earn Bitcoin (BTC) rewards for supporting blockchain consensus. Stacks cryptocurrency was distributed to the general public through the first-ever SEC qualified token offering in US history. The Stacks ecosystem is a collection of independent entities, developers, and community members working to build a user-owned internet on Bitcoin.
- Authentication – Easily include user registration and authentication with Blockstack IDs. Profile security is enforced by the Stacks Blockchain and Blockstack Naming Service (BNS), leaving credentials and identity management in user’s hands.
- Data storage – Users assume responsibility of their data — it’s stored in a location of their choice and not on your servers. As a developer, you do not need to pay for database maintenance costs, so you can focus on what you do best: improving the functionality of your app.
- Clarity Smart contracts – Clarity is a decidable, interpreted smart contract language that optimizes for predictability and security. It empowers you to be certain of how your code behaves prior to pushing it into production, so you don’t have to worry about security issues, side effects, or unexpected fees.
- Build an app and get paid instantly with App Mining – Every month we pay out $200,000 to the best apps built on Blockstack. The better your app, the more you earn.
Blockstack for Dapp builders
- Authentication – Blockstack provides authentication that is created and managed independently from your app; completely avoid liability for user identity and activity.
- Data storage – Blockstack provides flexible, free, encrypted storage for each user. Never mess with servers, scaling costs, or personal data liability again.
- App funding – Get paid the month you launch with App Mining. Bootstrap your app development without compromising your users digital rights.
- Users – Reach new users who are seeking privacy and data ownership — and are abandoning platforms such as Facebook and Google.
- Community – Join thousands of open-source developers and app builders dedicated to building a better, decentralized internet.
Blockstack for users
- User-owned identity – With the old internet, big companies own your login. With Blockstack, you own your login. Under the hood, Blockstack uses blockchain to keep everything secure and private.
- True data ownership – With the old internet, big companies own your data. With Blockstack, relax knowing your data is 100% private, and only you can grant access to apps or other users. Never worry about privacy breaches again.
- One ID, 100s of apps – Discover a universe of new apps where your digital rights are respected. Share, swap, and connect data between apps however you want.
1 STX = $0.10-$0.20
All images, branding and wording is copyright of Stacks. All content on this page is used for informational purposes only. CryptoSlate has no affiliation or relationship with the coins, projects or people mentioned on this page. Data is provided by CoinMarketCap, Coinpaprika and TradingView.