2 days ago · 3 min read
Table of Contents
Eich co-founded the Mozilla project, the Mozilla Foundation, and the Mozilla Corporation, and served as the Mozilla Corporation’s chief technical officer and briefly its chief executive officer.
Eich is the CEO of Brave Software, an Internet security company which has raised $2.5 million in early funding from angel investors.
On January 20, 2016, the company released developer versions of its open-source Brave web browser, which blocked ads and trackers and included a micropayments system to offer users a choice between viewing selected ads or paying websites not to display them.
At Brave Software, Eich co-created the Basic Attention Token (BAT), a cryptocurrency designed for use in the Brave browser. BAT launched its ICO on May 31, 2017, and raised $35 million.
- Mozilla, CEO, 2014
- Mozilla, CTO and SVP Engineering, 2013-2014
- Mozilla, CTO, 2005-2013
- Mozilla, Chief Architect, 2003-2005
- Netscape, Principal Engineer / Chief Architect, 1995-2003
- MicroUnity, Software Engineer, 1992-1995
- Silicon Graphics, Software Engineer, 1985-1992
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, MS, Computer Science, 1983-1985
- Santa Clara University, BS, Math/Computer Science, 1979-1983
All images, branding and wording is copyright of Brendan Eich. All content on this page is used for informational purposes only. CryptoSlate has no affiliation or relationship with the person mentioned on this page.