Charles “Charlie” Shrem IV (born November 25, 1989) is an American entrepreneur and bitcoin advocate. He co-founded the now-defunct startup company BitInstant, and the investment company Intellisys Capital. He is a founding member of the Bitcoin Foundation, and formerly served as vice chairman.
In December 2014 he was sentenced to two years in prison for aiding and abetting the operation of an unlicensed money-transmitting business related to the Silk Road marketplace. He was released from prison around June 2016.
- CryptoIQ Founder
- Changelly Business Development Advisor
- Bitcoin Foundation Founding Director
- Decentral COO 2017
- Jaxx Blockchain Interface COO 2017
- EVR Partner 2013-2014
- BitInstant.com, LLC Founder & CEO 2011-2014
- DailyCheckout Inc Director of Operations, Co-Founder 2009-2012
- City University of New York-Brooklyn College, BS, Economics & Science, 2008-2012
All images, branding and wording is copyright of Charlie Shrem. All content on this page is used for informational purposes only. CryptoSlate has no affiliation or relationship with the person mentioned on this page.