4 hours ago · 2 min read
Table of Contents
The IOTA Foundation was established in Germany as a formal, non-profit organization (‘gemeinnützige Stiftung’) in 2017 by Dominik Schiener and David Sønstebø.
The IOTA Foundation’s primary goals are to:
- Research and secure the foundational protocol layer, and create new knowledge to benefit the ecosystem behind the economy of things.
- Develop production-ready software for the community, partners, and ecosystem to use and expand upon.
- Educate and promote technologies and use cases for new generations to understand and to ensure the Foundation’s success.
- Standardize and ensure the maturity and widespread adoption of the economy of things.
The IOTA Foundation is funded in three ways:
- Holdings of IOTA tokens from community donations and unclaimed tokens from the initial crowdsale.
- Grants from governments to perform research and development.
- Donations from individuals or enterprises.
The IOTA Foundation is governed by a formal charter and includes:
- A Governing Board to set and achieve the Foundation’s vision and run its operations.
- A Supervisory Board to guide and oversee the performance of the Governing Board.
- An Advisory Board to provide independent advice, perspective, and direction.
Stresemannstraße 123, 10963 Berlin, GermanyOpen in Google Maps →
All images, branding and wording is copyright of IOTA Foundation. All content on this page is used for informational purposes only. CryptoSlate has no affiliation or relationship with the company mentioned on this page.