Grin empowers anyone to transact or save modern money without the fear of external control or oppression. Grin is designed for the decades to come, not just tomorrow. Grin wants to be usable by everyone, regardless of borders, culture, skills or access. Grin uses a proof-of-work system called Cuckoo Cycle that searches very large graphs for cycles, i.e. a cyclic path (a path that loops back on itself).
Market Cap $23,057,586
Reported Volume 24H
Reported Volume calculates volume from all exchanges with market pairs, but due to factors such as wash trading, it is considered an unreliable metric. $19,086,060
Trusted Volume 24H
Trusted Volume calculates volume only from reputable crypto exchanges without fake volumes, all of which are considered to list accurate trading volumes. $187,744
Circulating Supply 10,653,180 GRIN
Total Supply 10,653,180 GRIN
The Network Value to Transactions (NVT) ratio calculates the dollar value of crypto transaction activity relative to the network value. 122.42
First Announced January 15, 2019
Consensus Proof of Work (PoW)
- Privacy by default. This enables complete fungibility without precluding the ability to selectively disclose information as needed.
- Scales mostly with the number of users and minimally with the number of transactions (<100 byte
kernel), resulting in a large space saving compared to other blockchains.
- Strong and proven cryptography. MimbleWimble only relies on Elliptic Curve Cryptography which has been tried and tested for decades.
- Design simplicity that makes it easy to audit and maintain over time.
- Community driven, encouraging mining decentralization.