Footprint Analytics · 9 hours ago · 5 min read
Market Cap $42,404,910,425
24H Volume $2,547,678,741
Circulating Supply 987,579,315 DOT
Total Supply 1,103,303,471 DOT
All-Time High $49.6539
% from ATH -44%
ATH Date May 15, 2021
Polkadot development is on track to deliver the most robust platform for security, scalability, and innovation. Currently, Polkadot is in the Governance and Removing Sudo phase of launch.
- True interoperability – Polkadot enables cross-blockchain transfers of any type of data or asset, not just tokens. Connecting to Polkadot gives you the ability to interoperate with a wide variety of blockchains in the Polkadot network.
- Economic & transactional scalability – Polkadot provides unprecedented economic scalability by enabling a common set of validators to secure multiple blockchains. Polkadot provides transactional scalability by spreading transactions across multiple parallel blockchains.
- Easy blockchain innovation – Create a custom blockchain in minutes using the Substrate framework. Connect your chain to Polkadot and get interoperability and security from day one. This ease of development helps Polkadot’s network grow.
- Forkless and future-proof – Polkadot can upgrade without hard forks to integrate new features or fix bugs. This capability enables Polkadot to easily adapt to changes and upgrade itself as better technologies become available.
- Security for everyone – Polkadot’s novel data availability and validity scheme allows chains to interact with each other in a meaningful way. Chains remain independent in their governance, but united in their security.
- User-driven network governance – Polkadot has a sophisticated governance system where all stakeholders have a voice. Upgrades to the network are coordinated on-chain and enacted autonomously, ensuring that Polkadot’s development reflects the values of the community and avoids stagnation.