- USDT and USDC started roughly simultaneously, back in 2018, and grew in tandem with one another as the crypto market also grew, all the way through to 2022.
- In May 2022, USDC took a tumble to roughly $50 billion in circulating supply – total amount of all coins ever created/issued – while USDT was at an all-time high of $83 billion.
- There were talks of USDC flipping USDT and getting within $10 billion of each other in July 2022 due to the collapse of UST.
- USDC de-pegged on March 11 and since has lost roughly $13 billion in circulating supply.
- USDT is now $1 billion away from reclaiming a new all-time high in circulating supply.
- News just emerged that Tether would regularly allocate up to 15% of its net realized operating profits toward purchasing Bitcoin.