- Many Western countries are beginning to see a re-acceleration of inflation as negative real rates (meaning that interest rates are lower than the rate of inflation) continue.
- Last week, the U.S. PCE index reached 4.4%, exceeding expectations.
- The U.K. also saw core inflation re-accelerate to forty-year highs.
- New inflation data for other Western countries, including France, Italy, and Australia, is also troubling.
- According to PIQ, Australia’s CPI came in at 6.8% but was forecasted to come in at 6.4%.
- According to MacroBond, Italy’s CPI year over year came in at 7.6% but was forecasted to come in at 7.4%
- Lastly, according to MacroBond, France’s Core CPI hit new highs at 6.27%.