- Bitcoin realized cap is currently sitting around 60% from roughly 50% last year, and it’s 20% higher than in 2018.
- Realized cap gives a much more accurate version of events as it substituted the current token price with the price when the token last moved.
- In addition, it filters out founder coins, and if a token has never moved, its realized price is zero.
- While Bitcoin market cap dominance currently sits below 48%, a vast difference from the realized cap dominance.
- CryptoSlate did a thorough analysis of realized cap vs. market cap both from an all-time high drawdown and report.
Disclaimer: The TRX_ETH metric is only for the ERC-20, so it isn’t fully representative of the actual market cap and we have had issues with both BNB and DOT nodes, so the metrics aren’t fully updated (CoinMetrics)