Ana Grabundzija · 2 days ago · 2 min read
BZRX bZx Protocol
Market Cap $109,748,421
24H Volume $21,562,038
Circulating Supply 322,969,808 BZRX
Total Supply 1,030,000,000 BZRX
All-Time High $1.62467
% from ATH -84%
ATH Date Aug 31, 2020
The Utility of BZRX
The BZRX token is a governance token, first and foremost. Collectively, the token holders have the power to upgrade the protocol as they see fit, only constrained by the checks-and-balances of the bZxDAO. This allows token holders to create incentives to reward participation and drive usage of the protocol. A number of proposals have been made to capture value and drive participation in governance. These include:
- Fee sharing for participation in governance
- Fee mining incentives for protocol users
- Using the floating liquidity from unclaimed fees to liquidity mine BAL rewards
- Asset backing the token with the insurance fund
These proposals will be voted on by the DAO upon relaunch.
The Structure of vBZRX
The vBZRX token is an ERC20 token, making each token fungible and uniform. The underlying BZRX within the contract can be staked. However, there are limits to the number of vBZRX that can be staked at any given time. This limitation will be set by the staking contract itself. As currently proposed, it will be possible to participate in fee sharing with the staked BZRX inside the vBZRX contract; however, the fees do not vest until the token vests. Moreover, the voting power of BZRX staked from inside the vesting contract possesses only half of the voting power of a typical BZRX token. This was done to prevent the team from having a majority voting share over the DAO.
- When BZRX is vesting, any fees it generates vests with the token that generated it.
- vBZRX is only entitled to 50% of the voting rights of a BZRX token.
- There are limitations on the number of BZRX in the vesting contract that can be staked.
Founder and CEO
CVO and Operations Lead