Carlos is co-founder and managing partner of SPiCE VC, a truly liquid, transparent and inclusive VC thanks to advances in blockchain technologies. SPiCE VC invests in startups via shares and ICOs and focuses on the post-seed, pre-Series A/pre-ICO companies in hot and disruptive technologies (blockchain, AR/VR, AI/ML, etc.). Carlos is also the founder and CEO of Securitize.
Carlos was President and CEO of Telefonica R&D and Director of Product Development and Innovation at Telefonica Digital; he joined the company in 2006 as Director of Internet & Multimedia and Director of the Barcelona Center. Since then, he has implemented a new way of working and a new understanding of the R&D in a big Telco. Carlos served on the board of directors of Jajah, Tuenti, Tokbox, Telefonica Digital and Telefonica Ventures.
Carlos holds an MSc in computer science from the Tokyo Institute of Technology, a Ph.D. in computer science from the Polytechnic University in Catalonia and post-grad business studies from Stanford Graduate School of Business.
With more than 15 years of experience in the IT and telecommunications world, he has developed a big part of his career in Japan and the USA, being VP of Celartem Technologies and eventually becoming the President & CEO of its subsidiary in Seattle after merging Extensis LizardTech and DiamonSoft.
In 2008 he was awarded the `National Award to the Professional Career´ granted by the Asociación de Ingenieros en Informática (Computer Science Engineers Association) in Spain.
In 2010 he was awarded the Best Young Technology Executive prize granted by the Prince of Girona Foundation and Seeliger y Conde headhunter firm.
He is also an active business angel with investments in companies like BlinkBooking, BuyFresco, Chicfy, FlieThis, Masterbranch, Offerum, Captio, Zyncro, MailTrack, Chicfy, Chicisimo, Novicap, Bagonboard and several others.
- Securitize CEO & Founder
- Spice VC Co-Founder & Managing Partner
- Albora Technologies Investor & Board Member
- Sling Ventures Founder
- THCAP Venture Partner
- TechStars Entrepreneur In Residence 2017-2018
- Dubai Angel Investors Founding Member and Investment Committee Member 2016-2018
- du Chief New Business and Innovation Officer 2015-2017
- Stanford University Graduate School of Business, Executive MBA, AeA/Stanford Executive Institute, 2002
- Tokyo Institute of Technology, Master, Computer Science, 1993-1998
- Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Ph.D., Computer Science, 1988-1994
- Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya, Barcelona, Spain, Bachelor, Computer Science, 1989-1993
All images, branding and wording is copyright of Carlos Domingo. All content on this page is used for informational purposes only. CryptoSlate has no affiliation or relationship with the person mentioned on this page.