Blockstation, a leading Canadian FinTech company founded in 2014, provides one of the first digital asset trading solutions for stock exchanges. It provides the end-to-end and compliant listing, trading, clearing and settlement of digital assets and security tokens for the entire ecosystem of broker-dealers, investors, issuers, depositories and regulators. Blockstation enables stock exchanges to quickly meet investor demand for digital assets and attract new listing and trading revenues. The solution fits existing IT infrastructure, trading processes, risk management and regulatory frameworks.
Technology Platform and Suite of Products
- Smart ECN (Electronic Communication Network) platform. Interconnecting international exchanges, the Smart ECN ensures adequate liquidity is flowing across real time trading and includes algorithmic market making.
- Order Matching System. A central order book and order matching engine that incorporates stringent regulatory rules, similar to securities markets. It ensures a fair market place so stock exchanges can offer immediate cryptocurrency trading.
- Block Depository. Provides secure management of private keys & cold wallet solution. Enables the clearing and settlement of Blockchain tokens to mitigate counterparty risk.
- Portals & APIs. Portals & APIs for exchanges, dealer-brokers, market makers, back office, depositories, and investors—designed to conform to usual daily trading routines with familier user interfaces and an efficient user experience.
- ChainWatch. An AML tool that can be used to determine if token deposits have come from illicit sources, empowering brokers to take in new deposits in a compliant manner.
CTO & Chief Enterprise Architect, Co-founder