Block, Inc. (formerly Square, Inc.) is a financial technology (fintech) company founded by Twitter Co-Founder Jack Dorsey and fellow entrepreneur Jim McKelvey in 2009.
Block (NYSE: SQ) is made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, TBD54566975. The company creates tools to help expand access to the economy.
- Square helps sellers more easily run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services.
- Cash App is focused on redefining the world’s relationship with money by making it more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible.
- Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source projects that advance the use of Bitcoin as a tool for economic empowerment.
- TIDAL is a global platform for musicians and their fans that uses unique content, experiences, and services to bring fans closer to the artists they love and give artists the tools to succeed as entrepreneurs.
- TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
Co-founder and CEO
San Francisco, CA, USAOpen in Google Maps →
All images, branding and wording is copyright of Block. All content on this page is used for informational purposes only. CryptoSlate has no affiliation or relationship with the company mentioned on this page.