Thomas Earl Emmer Jr is an American attorney and politician who has been the U.S. representative for Minnesota’s 6th congressional district since January 2015. He is currently serving his fourth term.
Tom was elected by his fellow Republican colleagues to join the House GOP Leadership team as the Chairman of the National Republican Congressional Committee for the 116th Congress and again for the 117th Congress. Currently, he sits on the House Financial Services Committee. He is also a member of the Republican Deputy Whip Team and the House Republican Steering Committee.
Tom was born in 1961, grew up in Minnesota, and attended St. Thomas Academy. He received his BA in Political Science from the University of Alaska-Fairbanks and his JD from William Mitchell College of Law.
After practicing law for several years, he opened his own law firm. The next 20 years were spent balancing family, business, coaching hockey, and serving on the city councils in Independence and Delano. Before coming to Congress, he served in the Minnesota House of Representatives from 2004-2008.
He and his wife Jacquie have been married for over 30 years and have seven children. They reside in Delano.
- House of Representatives Congressman for Minnesota
- Minnesota House of Representatives State Representative (District 19B) Jan 2005 - Jan 2011
- Emmer Law Managing Partner Jan 2005 - Jan 2010
- City of Delano Council Member 2003 - 2004
- City of Independence Council Member
- Mitchell Hamline School of Law, Juris Doctor, Law, 1984 - 1988
- University of Alaska Fairbanks, Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, 1979 - 1984
- Saint Thomas Academy, 1976 - 1980
All images, branding and wording is copyright of Tom Emmer. All content on this page is used for informational purposes only. CryptoSlate has no affiliation or relationship with the person mentioned on this page.