Dr. Saifedean Ammous is the author of The Bitcoin Standard: The Decentralized Alternative to Central Banking, the best-selling groundbreaking study of the economics of bitcoin. The book was a pioneer in explaining bitcoin’s value proposition as the hardest money ever discovered, and the only working alternative to national central banks for international payments.
Dr. Ammous holds a PhD in Sustainable Development from Columbia University, where his doctoral thesis studied the economics of biofuels and alternative energy sources. He also holds an MSc in Development Management from the London School of Economics, and a Bachelor of Engineering from the American University of Beirut.
This website is intended to showcase Dr. Ammous’ research in studying the economics of bitcoin, and nothing in it should be construed as investment advice. Bitcoin is a sophisticated technology whose ownership requires an understanding of complex technologies and tools. Before deciding whether to invest in bitcoin, you should do your own extensive research into the financial and technical aspects involved. Nothing written in this website should be considered advice related to that decision.
- saifedean.com Founder and CEO
- Columbia University Center on Capitalism and Society Visiting Scholar Jan 2016 - Present
- Lebanese American University Associate Professor of Economics Sep 2018 - Dec 2019
- Lebanese American University Assistant Professor of Economics Sep 2011 - Aug 2018
- Lebanese American University Lecturer in Economics Sep 2009 - Aug 2011
- Columbia University Center on Capitalism and Society Visiting Scholar May 2011 - Dec 2011
- Columbia University Instructor Jan 2009 - June 2009
- Columbia University Teaching Assistant Oct 2005 - Dec 2008
- Columbia University in the City of New York, PhD, Sustainable Development, 2011
- The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), MSc, Development Management, 2003 - 2004
- American University of Beirut, Bachelor of Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, 1998 - 2003
All images, branding and wording is copyright of Saifedean Ammous. All content on this page is used for informational purposes only. CryptoSlate has no affiliation or relationship with the person mentioned on this page.