Footprint Analytics · 2 hours ago · 6 min read
Coinbase › EOS › San Francisco › Exchanges
Coinbase Pro announces support for EOS (EOS), Maker (MKR), and Augur (REP)
On Monday, April 8, San Francisco-based cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase announced the addition of EOS (EOS), Maker (MKR), and Augur (REP) to its professional trading platform, Coinbase Pro.
Coinbase Pro’s New Additions
- EOS (EOS): EOS is a blockchain protocol that enables horizontal scaling of decentralized applications, allowing developers to efficiently create high performance distributed applications.
- Maker (MKR): Maker is a decentralized autonomous organization on the Ethereum blockchain seeking to minimize the price volatility of its own stable token—the Dai—against the IMF’s international currency basket SDR.
- Augur (REP): Augur is a decentralized oracle and peer-to-peer protocol for prediction markets. Reputation (REP) is a cryptocurrency, used by reporters during market dispute phases of Augur. REP holders must perform work, in the form of staking their REP on correct outcomes, to receive a portion of the markets settlement fees.
Coinbase will roll out the new listings in four stages.
- Transfer-only. After 12 pm PT on Monday, April 8, customers will be able to transfer EOS, REP, and MKR into their Coinbase Pro accounts. Customers will not yet be able to place orders and no orders will be filled on these order books. Order books will be in transfer-only mode for at least 12 hours.
- Post-only. In the second stage, customers can post limit orders but there will be no matches (completed orders). Order books will be in post-only mode for a minimum of one minute.
- Limit-only. In the third stage, limit orders will start matching but customers are unable to submit market orders. Order books will be in limit-only mode for a minimum of ten minutes.
- Full trading. In the final stage, full trading services will be available, including limit, market, and stop orders.
Recent Coinbase Asset Listings
The announcement comes shortly after Coinbase added a handful of other altcoins including XRP, Stellar Lumens, and Zcash. In May 2018, Coinbase rebranded its professional trading experience to Coinbase Pro, and in the process, introduced simpler withdrawal and deposit features, a new chart system, and access to consolidated portfolio view.
Featuring a summary of the most important daily stories in the world of crypto, DeFi, NFTs and more.
Get an edge on the cryptoasset market
Access more crypto insights and context in every article as a paid member of CryptoSlate Edge.
Join now for $19/month Explore all benefits