Copay is a multi-signature wallet that gives you and your copayers compete control of the private keys needed to access your bitcoin. The Copay app securely stores multiple, distinct bitcoin wallets, allowing both business and privacy-conscious users to keep funds carefully separated. Copay is an open source project, whereas the BitPay wallet app is officially supported by BitPay.
by BitPay, Inc.
Copay Features / Tech Specs
- Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash Support
- Multiple bitcoin wallet creation and management in-app
- Integration for buying and selling bitcoin.
- Integration for buying Amazon.com gift cards.
- Intuitive multisignature security for personal or shared wallets
- Device-based security: all private keys are stored locally, not in the cloud
- Hierarchical deterministic (HD) address generation and wallet backups
- Payment protocol (BIP70-BIP73) support: easily-identifiable payment requests and verifiably secure bitcoin payments
- Support for 150+ currency pricing options and unit denomination in BTC or bits
- Email and push notifications for payments and transfers
- Easy spending proposal flow for shared wallets and group payments
- Support for Bitcoin testnet wallets
- Customizable wallet naming and background colors
- Multiple supported languages, including French, German, Chinese (Simplified), and Spanish
Co-Founder, Chief Executive Officer
Chief Financial Officer
Chief Commercial Officer
Chief Compliance Officer