The Stockholm Blockchain Forum is like an online forum brought into a physical space in the city of Stockholm the European hub of innovation.
The day will consist of informational sessions but will also include several opportunities for two-way communication and delegate participation.
We want to dive into key topics within the blockchain landscape with our speakers and delegates and prompt discussions about the profound implications of the technology.
Our mission is that our delegates leave the forum inspired by new opportunities that result from things they have learned and synergies they’ve discovered throughout the day.
- Meltem Demirors – CEO of CoinShares
- Carla Vella – Founder of ConsultXD
- Sally Eaves – CTO of Emergent Technology
- On Yavin – Founder & CEO of Cointelligence
- Jonathan Galea – Founder of Blockchain Advisory
07:45 – 08:45 Registration
08:15 – 09:00 [Activity] Blockchain: Lean Coffee
- We kick off the day with the most important session; finding out what our delegates want to learn and discuss. Register and grab a coffee and take a seat. This is a structured session following a movement called lean coffee (check out: leancoffee.org). The activity will result in each table coming up with 3 topics of shared interest and 30 minutes to discuss them.
09:00 – 09:10 [Opening] Openings Remarks
09:10 – 09:40 [Panel 1] Regulation in focus (EU landscape)
- Learn more about Europe’s regulatory position towards Blockchain DLT, DC, ICOs and beyond. With countries like Malta leading the regulation race, what are fellow European countries like UK, Switzerland, Estonia, and Sweden doing to bring regulation forward.
09:40 – 10:00 [Fireside Chat 1] Thought Leader Interview
10:00 – 10:30 [Panel 2] DAOs and Decentralised Governance
- How will future organizations and governments adopt blockchain? How are DOAs working today and what strengths and weaknesses are we observing? Could a decentralized government work and could it truly be decentralized?
10:30 – 11:00 [BREAK] Networking Break
11:00 – 11:30 [Panel 3] Banking and Blockchain
- Love it or hate it we simply can no longer ignore the fact that one of blockchain’s strongest use cases is for financial services. How is monetary policy, banking, remittance, lending being changed by blockchain technology and how are ‘traditional’ banking institutions’ adopting the technology?
11:30 – 12:00 [Panel 4] Centralised vs Decentralised Exchanges
- Trade or Hodl? Hold your own keys or don’t hold your own keys or kinda hold your own keys? There has been much media hype about centralized and decentralized exchanges. What’s the difference? What are exchanges enabling, how do they impact the blockchain landscape and how to what part to they play in price volatility?
12:00 – 12:30 [Q&A]. Q&A Panel
- We take the top topics of interest from the mornings lean coffee activity and let our expert panel discuss them.
12:30 – 13:30 [BREAK] Networking Lunch
13:30 – 14:00 [Panel 5] TBC
- Blockchain is ever changing so we are keeping one-panel topic unlisted for new trends that will emerge in the next few months up to the conference.
14:00 – 14:15 [Fireside Chat 2] Thought Leader Interview
14:15 – 14:45 [Q&A] Q&A Panel
14:45 – 15:15 [BREAK] Networking Break
15:15 – 15:45 [Panel 6] How can we invest in Blockchain
- 2018 showed us that blockchain startups can’t rely on ICOs so much anymore. So where will the funding come from to keep pushing the barriers of innovation around blockchain forward. Our panel discusses different methodologies for funding from No ICO to ICOs to STOs, from in-house incubation, accelerators and R&D funding.
15:45 – 16:45 [Case Studies] Blockchain Applied to Business: 6 case studies
- There is no point in saying that blockchain is disruptive if we can’t see clear cases of it working in multiple sectors. In this one hour session, we give you six, ten-minute presentations of companies using blockchain to drive their business. Prepared to be inspired as we take you from Medtech to Logistics to Impact Investing…and more.
16:45 – 17:00 [Fireside Chat 3] Thought Leader Interview
17:00 – 18:00 [BREAK] Cocktail Networking parking
19:00 – 21:00 Sponsored Dinner