- FREE • € 5000 in prizes • 32 hours non-stop • 100 people
Build decentralized applications using Bitcoin Cash or other blockchains from scratch. Participants can compete on two different tracks:
- Bitcoin Cash Track: Build cool stuff using the Bitcoin Cash Blockchain. Create a product that makes use of the new OP codes, larger block size, Wormhole protocol, tokenization, smart contracts or utilizes Bitcoin Cash in other meaningful way.
- General Blockchain Track: Create the best product using the blockchain of your choice: from Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash to Ethereum or innovate with second layer solutions such as the Lightning Network. You are limited only by your imagination!
Let’s build stuff. No matter if you are an expert or beginner with an interest in Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin, Ethereum or other blockchain projects, you will have fun!
Who is it for
- Blockchain enthusiasts, developers, entrepreneurs, designers, and everyone who loves building decentralized applications. Please note that you must be 18+ years old to participate.
- It’s free! We would like you to have fun, meet new people and build amazing projects, so the event is fully free! There will be also food, drinks and nice swags!
Travel & Hotel
- Please keep in mind that you have to arrange your travel and accommodation yourself. We may be able to sponsor some cost for outstanding applicants.
- After submitting the application form, we will quickly review your application and let you know via email if your spot is confirmed. This is to ensure a high standard among attendees. Participants will be screened based on their skills and passion for cryptocurencies.
- The organizer does not claim any license. You are required to make your code open source.
- No existing projects are allowed to compete for a prize, teams will be created on the spot. But of course you are more than welcome to bring your friends!
Saturday 27 October 2018
09:00 – 09:30 Welcome Breakfast and Registration
09:30 – 10:00 Kick-Off: Rules & Challenges
10:00 – 10:30 Technical Deep Dive
10:30 – 11:00 Pitches
11:00 – 12:00 Team Planning
12:00 Start Hacking
13:00 – 14:00 Lunch & Breakout Session
18:00 – 19:30 Dinner & Breakout Session
Sunday 28 October 2018
24:00 – 01:00 Midnight Snack and Breakout Session
08:00 – 10:00 Breakfast & Breakout Session
12:30 – 13:30 Lunch
15:00 End Hacking
15:00 – 16:30 Presentations
16:30 – 17:00 Awards ceremony
17:00 Leaving for the After Party, Venue TBC
Some examples of projects
- Build a micropayments project with feasible innovations in fast payment integrating BCH’s features: borderless, 0 confirmation and low transaction fees.
- Build a betting game based on newly released op codes, e.g.: https://github.com/fyookball/ChainBet. This topic can be without considering the funding problem, atomic operations, smart contracts, and eventually sent tokens according to the results.
- Build an application regarding permanent data storing, open protocols and open-source data. (Using Op_Return) e.g.: https://memo.cash/
- Build a cross-chain project, implementation based on gateway designs. Building an internet of value and ecosystem. E.g.: https://www.rsk.co/
- Build an analysis tool for big data. A tool that can detect, inspect and visualize the transaction, tradings, blocks, nodes and the entire network of BCH Blockchain. E.g.: https://blocks.wizb.it/
- Build a WHC Block explorer. Call Wormhole REST endpoints (https://wormholecash-production.herokuapp.com/) to build a web GUI which lists the tokens, token details, balances of token holders and transactions for token/holder.
- Build a utility token generator w/ SLP. Create a web GUI which lets a user create a new SLP token. Name, ticker, URL, number of decimals, fixed/managed supply and initial distribution.
- Launch an ICO on WHC. Create a custom security token and launch a crowdsale. Custom name, ticker, total number of tokens and how many tokens you’ll sale for each 1 WHC.
- Conceptualize a stable-coin for BCH ecosystem. Stable-coins, like DAI and $GUSD, are very popular in the ETH token ecosystem. Brainstorm on what a BCH stable-coin would look like. What smart contracts are needed in WHC for this to happen?|And many more!
- Do you have any questions about the event or would you like to become and partner/sponsor/ambassador? Please email to [email protected]! We would love to answer all kinds of questions you may have.